Every August, at the Catholic Charities Back to School Fair, SCARCE provides gently used books and new school supplies to children from low income families in DuPage County. Donations of books and school supplies to our facility in Glen Ellyn are the primary source of the materials provided at the Back to School Fair.
This year, the Back to School Fair is on
Wednesday, August 5, 2015 from 11am - 6pm
at the Odeum Expo Center in Villa Park.
There are three ways you can help:
1. You can donate gently used books or unopened school supplies. Books should be in excellent condition and school supplies should be new. Please bring all items to SCARCE Monday - Friday between 9am and 4:30pm by Friday, July 31st.
2. You can help pack up and transport books on the day before the event, Tuesday, August 4th. In the afternoon, we will transport the books from SCARCE to the Odeum Expo Center
3. You can distribute books and school supplies at the fair on Wednesday, August 5th. Help children of all ages find books they can take home and enjoy. We will also need help setting up and taking down, so we are seeking volunteers who can help any time between 10am and 7pm on that day.
If you want to help, please do one of the following:
- Sign up on VolunteerSpot
- Call us at 630-545-9710 and let us know when you are available
- Send an email to email@example.com and let us know when you can help
Thanks for helping kids in DuPage County get ready for school!