DuPage County 3rd - 6th Grade Teachers. Intended for teachers of natural resources, alternative and special ed, ESL, and geography; Environmental Club Sponsors; and all interested elementary-level educators.
Make 'n Take Natural Resources Globe Workshop
One of our most popular, hands-on workshops! Participants will make a Natural Resources Globe - a one-of-a-kind teaching tool - and fill it with hands-on examples and learning games that will delight their students as they learn. The "Natural Resource Globe," is an interactive teaching tool filled with hands-on examples that allow students to see & feel our natural resources.The globe helps students learn ISLS natural resources: how they are used, where they come from, difference between annually & rapidly renewable, & non-renewable resources.
A recent participant wrote:
The great activities [are] instantly usable; hands-on! Meaningful; will make a great impact!
- Who: 3rd-6th Grade Teachers
- What: Learn about the Earth's valuable natural resources while making your own Natural Resources Globe to take back to your students.
- Where: Workshop will take place at SCARCE in Glen Ellyn.
- Why: As part of the Illinois State Learning Standards, students must learn about natural resources, which we use everyday. Students need to learn about how to preserve and conserve our natural resources.
- Cost: FREE for DuPage County Teachers and you will earn 2.0 CPDU's.