There are many ways to get involved with SCARCE, depending on your time and resources.
- Volunteer - Volunteers are needed on an ongoing basis, usually to help run the Rescue Programs, but also for special events and community events.
- Donate Money - Monetary donations are always appreciated. The books and tools for schools are free to the teachers, but SCARCE must still pay the rent, utilities, and staff time to keep the Book Rescue, Tools for Schools, Super Crayons, and other projects running.
- Donate Books, Tools or Crayons - When you no longer need items, think about who could use them, and donate them rather than put them in the garbage (landfill).
- Fundraisers - SCARCE collects cell phones and ink jet cartridges as fundraisers. Also Terracycle and Jersey Replay provide opportunities for re-use along with fundraising. When you come to SCARCE, bring these cell phones and ink jet cartridges with you, or even better, host a collection at your school or place of business. From time to time, businesses like Whole Foods are generous enough to hold benefit days on our behalf.
- Participate - Attend the classes and workshops offered by SCARCE, or others in the community that SCARCE helps to publicize.
- Subscribe - Subscribe to our newsletters to stay informed about events, opportunities and "green" news in the community.