The Illinois Conservation Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2013 Conservation Achievement Scholarship program. Three scholarships of $2,000.00 each will be awarded to outstanding high school seniors in Illinois who have demonstrated effective, voluntary, long-term dedication to the protection, preservation, enhancement and/or promotion of Illinois' natural resources. The application form is attached to this message. The application deadline is November 30, 2012. For additional information, contact the Illinois Conservation Foundation at
Illinois Energy Now Energy Efficiency Portfolio Rebate program
Illinois Energy Now rebate program offers matching funds to schools for projects involving electric efficiency such as lighting retrofits, de-lamping and permanent lamp removal as well as new lighting fixtures, HVAC, etc. Restrictions and other rules apply. Log onto Illinois Energy Now to see if your project will qualify or contact Carol Kulek at 217.785.3412.
Green Grants to Educators
The NEA Foundation offers two different grants which may be geared towards environmental issues and leadership.They are promoting NEW $150,000 in "Green Grants to Educators".
To see past recipients and to get more details, log onto NEA Foundation.
NEA Foundation Green Grants - Learning & Leadership
$2,000/Individual & $5,000/Group Grants
Applications reviewed February 1, June 1, October 15 yearly
Our Learning & Leadership grants support public school teachers, public education support professionals, and/or faculty and staff in public institutions of higher education for one of the following two purposes:
For more information or to apply, click on the link NEA Learning and Leadership Grants
- Grants to individuals fund participation in high-quality professional development experiences, such as summer institutes or action research; or
- Grants to groups fund collegial study, including study groups, action research, lesson study, or mentoring experiences for faculty or staff new to an assignment.
Captain Planet Foundation Environmental Grants
Grants from $250-$2,500
Applications Due December 31, March 31, June 30 or September 30
In order to be considered for funding, proposals must:
· Promote understanding of environmental issues
· Focus on hands-on involvement
· Involve children and young adults 6-18 (elementary through high school)
· Promote interaction and cooperation within the group
· Help young people develop planning and problem solving skills
· Include adult supervision
· Commit to follow-up communication with the Foundation (specific requirements are explained once the grant has been awarded)
For more information and applications, click on the link Captain Planet Foundation Captain Planet Foundation.
DCEO Zero Waste Grants for Illinois Schools
The DCEO Zero Waste Schools Grant Program encourages schools across Illinois to strive to become "waste-free," where virtually all waste generated at the school is reduced, reused, or recycled.
ILLINOIS ZERO WASTE SCHOOLS GRANT PROGRAM
The IL Zero Waste Schools Grant Program, a funding opportunity for K-12 Illinois schools to implement or expand recycling, waste reduction, and composting/vermicomposting programs, is a great opportunity for schools. Announcements for future Request for Applications (RFA) for IL Zero Waste School Grant Programs will be posted at this site, or you may request to be notified by email of future solicitations by contacting Brett Ivers at
Other Grant Possibilities
North American Association for Environmental Education Contest/Grants Website
EPA Grants Website