DuPage County Electronics Recycling Locations Flyer
Electronic items contain chemicals such as cadmium, lead and mercury. If not properly recycled, these chemicals can make their way from landfills into our soil, water and air. KEEP E-waste OUT of the LANDFILLS.
Permanant DuPage Electronics Recycling
Accepted Items: Computers, TV's, printers, fax machines, radios, microwaves, vacuum cleaners (please REMOVE dust collection bag), small appliances, (coffee makers, toasters, curling irons, hair dyers), household batteries (AA, button, 9 volt, all brands), toner cartridges
NO hazardous waste accepted at any collection
Location in DuPage County
- Addison Township - 2nd Saturday of the month; 8 a.m. to 12 noon; 411 W. Potter Rd.; Wood Dale; (630) 766-2228
- Downers Grove - (beginning November 5), 1st Saturday of the month; 9am to noon; 801 Burlington Ave.;(630) 434-5500
- Glendale Heights - Items accepted every Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Glendale Heights Public Services Garage, 1635 Glen Ellyn Road. This is a self-serve facility, please bring assistance (if needed) to unload items. (630) 260-6040
- Glen Ellyn - Items excepted quarterly, 8am-noon, September 29. Parking lot near library on Duane Street.
- Hanover Park - Items accepted Monday - Friday; 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Public Works Facility; 2121 W. Lake St.; (630) 372-4440
- Lisle - Items accepted every 3rd Saturday of each month, 9 a.m. - 12 noon. 4930 Lincoln Ave. (Rt. 53). (630)271-4100
- Naperville - Items accepted Tuesdays & Thursdays; 8am - 4pm; Public Works Recycling Drop off Center, 180 Fort Hill Dr.
- Villa Park - Items accepted every 4th Saturday of each month, 9am - 12 noon. Village Hall Parking Lot 20 S. Ardmore (630)834-8500
Westmont - Items accepted every 2nd Friday of every month from 7 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the Ty Warner Park (parking lot), 660 N. Blackhawk Drive (sw corner of Blackhawk & Plaza Drives). (630) 981-6200
- Wheaton - 2nd Saturday of the month, 9 a.m. - 12 noon.; Public Works Storage Lot on Liberty across from Public Works Garage, just west of Carlton
- Wood Dale - 1st & 3rd Monday of the month; 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.; 269 W. Irving Park Rd.; (630) 787-3781
To dispose of unwanted items first consider re-use, especially if the item still works. You can donate to your local good will or thrift shop. (see info below)
If it doesn't work, then it should be recycled properly.
- Sims/United Recycling (see below) provides this service.
- A new computer from Dell comes with the option to send one back for recycling (free - but needs to set up with order).
Cell Phone & Printer Cartridge Recycling
At SCARCE we accept cell phones and ink jet cartridges (remember to remove the cartridge before you recycle your broken printer).
Goodwill Accepts Computers for Recycling
Reconnect is a residential computer recycling program that offers you an easy, convenient and responsible way to recycle your used computer equipment. You can drop off any brand of used equipment at participating Goodwill donation centers in your area. It's free, and you'll get a receipt for tax purposes. What's more, you'll be helping protect the environment and benefiting your community at the same time. Find a Goodwill location near you.