WHAT TO DONATE
Most supplies used for running an office are also needed by schools. Items do not need to be new, but they do need to be in good, working used condition. Imprinted material in good condition is accepted (letterhead, pens, stationary, etc.) The list includes, but is not limited to:
Paper (all kinds)
Folders (all kinds)
Binders (3 ring)
Award/Reward Items (no personalized items please)
Drop off your unwanted items to us in Glen Ellyn. Tools for Schools is open the same time as BookRescue - check the hours - (typically Monday through Friday, 9am to 4:30pm, Tue evening and some Saturdays during school year) Make sure all school supplies are clean, working, and new or gently used.
If you have have large items, please don't bring them without contacting us first. Our space is limited, but we may be able to advertise your items via email find someone that can pick up the items directly from you.
Guidelines for Donations
* Spiral Notebooks: good wires – no ripped off covers – recycle used pages
* Markers, pens: make sure they still write
* Binders: no broken covers or broken rings
* Glue: Try to combine partially used bottles.
* Crayons: Its great if you can sort the good ones from the broken ones, which go to our Super Crayons program.